Sunday, February 19, 2012

Hi, My name is Karey and I'm a Foodie.

I'm a foodie.
I like to eat food, talk about food, cook food. It's pretty simple actually.
Mostly I like to try new recipes and relax in the kitchen. It's my hobby. It's what I like to do after a long day at work and I've been sitting at a desk all day looking at numbers. It makes me feel good, I'm a natural. I can come up with something good with stuff I alrealy have in my pantry. I like to make up my own recipes now and then but if I don't write it down while I'm doing it, I won't be able to re-create it. I have a few to share and others I still need to per-fect.

I'm married to my very best friend Frank. He encourages new creations and recognizes my passion in the kitchen. We have 4 "babies". Sally Mally, Pinto Bean, Butter Bean and Jelly Bean. They give me support by helping me type and nudge my hand while blogging.

Let's get this started ~

I am currently in LOVE with recipes from The Pioneer Woman.  A few weeks ago her Food Network show featured Knock You Naked Brownies and I have made 5 batches since! My mom and Frank can't get enough of them! They are pretty amazing ~ I mean, how can you go wrong with chocolate and caramel. I took a quick pic as these 2 batches were cooling.


Just yesterday I made another recipe from The Pioneer Woman ~ Spicy Dr. Pepper Shredded Pork. It was AMAZING! The recipe calls for Pork Shoulder "Butt", but I used a whole Pork Loin instead. It wasn't dry at all. I have a new toy ~ a Lodge Dutch Oven. It was perfect for this recipe and I have used it several times lately for great stews and soups. I highly recommend trying the pork and when it was time to shredd it I removed the peppers so it wouldn't be quite as spicy.
Frank worked all day yesterday so it was a great day to relax and stay home while the pork slow cooked in the oven for 6 hours. The end result was Spicy Pork Tacos with homemade pico and avacado. I snapped this pic with my phone right before we ate ~ picture quality was not on the menu. Ha! My dad said it would have been a better pic if you could have seen the pork. Sorry about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment